Michael Cookson has been involved in the surveying profession for over 30 years, completing his surveying degree in 1987 and gaining Registration as a Land Surveyor in 1999. He has many years of experience in Land Development with expertise in Boundary/Cadastral Surveying, Land and Strata Subdivisions and the associated Town Planning in the Hunter Valley and southern areas of Great Lakes.
Michael has directly undertaken or supervised well in excess of 5,000 surveys on residential properties and has many 100’s of Deposited Plans (DPs) and Strata Plans (SPs) registered at the NSW Land Registry Services (LRS, formerly the LPI).
Key areas of expertise are:
• All types of Boundary surveys from individual house surveys to large rural and urban properties.
• Torrens, Strata and Community Title subdivision projects.
• Project managing small to medium sized land development projects specialising in surveying and town planning matters.
• Strata subdivisions of small to large scale projects including Development Applications (DAs).
• Creating easements within properties utilising the most efficient method to achieve the required result.
• Dealing with Local Councils, infrastructure authorities, sub consultants with regards to town planning and development issues involving land subdivisions.
• Expertise in preparing documents for planning approvals and Subdivision feasibilities.
• Preparation of draft Section 88B instruments to create easements at the time of registration of Deposited Pans.